Get the right orthodontic treatment for you
When most people think of orthodontics, they think of braces to straighten teeth but these days orthodontics offers a whole lot more. Developments in technology mean orthodontics can be used to fix anything from crowded or protruding teeth to bite problems and gum disease. At St Albans Orthodontics, we’ll sit down with you at your free consultation and outline what treatment we think would be best for your needs.
What do orthodontics do?
Straight teeth can make a real difference to a person. Not only can it improve their appearance, it can also give them greater self-confidence which in itself has many benefits. But having straight teeth gives you more than just a great smile. It’s also better for the health of your teeth and gums.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- Straight teeth, which are easier to clean resulting in a healthier mouth and gums
- Uneven wear of your teeth can be reduced
- Jaw and joint problems can be corrected
- Overcrowding of teeth can be resolved
- Your smile can be improved, giving you greater confidence and self-esteem
Who can benefit from orthodontics?
Orthodontics can be used to treat any of the following problems:
- Crowded teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
- Open bite – tongue is visible between your upper and lower teeth when back teeth are together
- Deep bite – upper teeth cover lower teeth too much
- Reverse bite – upper teeth bite inside the arch of lower teeth
- Teeth are mismatched between upper and lower centre-lines
- Teeth have moved due to extractions or gum disease
- Difficulty chewing food
- Unhappy with smile – feel self conscious
- Symptoms of temporomandibular disorders – headaches, neck/jaw pain, clicking sounds when opening mouth.